“Love the skin you’re in” is something you often hear people talk about. Our skin is much more than a fashion accessory – it’s the body’s first line of defense against germs, bacteria, and harmful UV rays.
Without our skin, we’d be in big trouble! And it’s not just functional…our skin also affects how we look and feel. In other words, our skin deserves our love and attention and should be well taken care of.
Why you should love the skin you’re in
Our skin is our biggest organ and it has a lot of responsibilities. It’s like the superhero of our body, because it acts as an outer barrier that helps protect us from germs, UV radiation and other environmental irritants.
It also helps regulate our body temperature, stores water and fat, and produces Vitamin D so we can stay healthy. In addition to all these amazing duties, our skin also gives us a great sense of touch! So let’s give thanks to this hard working organ – we’ll be lost without it!
How to take good care of your skin - 6 tips from the experts!
The best way to love the skin you’re in is to set aside some time from your busy schedule and take good care of it. A good skin routine isn’t complicated, and it takes just a couple of minutes a day. Here comes the most effective tips for both looking and feeling great about your skin:
- Get enough sleep – Your skin needs downtime just like you do! Try to get at least 8 hours of shut-eye every night and you’ll be treating your complexion right. Making sure you get your beauty sleep is one of the best ways to show that you love the skin you’re in.
- Cleanse daily – We know that dirt can build up on our faces throughout the day so make sure you get into a routine of washing your face each morning and night with good products that match your skin type.
- Stay hydrated – Drinking plenty of water is an easy way to keep your skin looking its best. Plus, it’s good for the rest of your body too!
- Protect against the sun – Sun damage can cause wrinkles and spots on our skin so make sure you apply sunscreen before going out in the sun for prolonged periods of time. Use a moisturizer or a foundation with incorporated sunscreen, that way you won’t forget.
- Eat right – Eating a balanced diet with lots of fruits and veggies will help give you glowing skin from within. Remember that our skin needs fat – healthy fat – so don’t forget to eat nuts, fatty fish like salmon or herring and of course avocado.
- Ditch the cigarettes. Quit smoking and reduce your alcohol intake are important factors when it comes to maintaining a healthy looking skin.
In order to look fresh and healthy it’s so important to love the skin you’re in: feed it with nutritious foods, keep hydrated by drinking enough water, wear sunscreen when outdoors, and give yourself some proper pampering with occasional facials or other treatments.
Your skin will thank you for your love – both inside and out. So, don’t forget to give your skin the love and attention it deserves! With a little effort, you’ll be sure to keep your skin looking its best for years to come.
Want to learn even more?
If you are interested in learning more about skin care, beauty and massage I also recommend that you take a closer look at our courses in these exciting and incredibly fun topics that you can find here on our website.
You can choose to study our courses 100% online if you wish as well as on site at our school. Should you also have any questions or concerns about our courses, do not hesitate to contact me today.